I was nominated 😉 Big thanks to johnranjit for the nomination. He has a blog called Managing Yourself, some great soul food in there to go and have a look at. 😉
Rules To The Liebster Blogger Award:
1.Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. (I only got 10 – promise I didn’t leave one out 😉 )
3.Share 11 facts about yourself
4. Nominate between 5-11 other bloggers
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions
6. Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post.
The Q and A for me is as follows :
Q1 When and how did you start blogging?
Goodness! I think my first ever blog post was back in 2006, but it wasn’t on the WordPress community. Blogging was almost an unknown in my country back then – very few people blogged those days. A computer whizz who knew I loved to write, and knew my bubbly personality, introduced me to the world of blogging. And so it began 😉
Q2 What is your favorite quote?
I generally don’t like being asked to mention favourites…. simply because I have so many of everything. 😛
And each day is different, and sometimes it changes during the day, depending on circumstances and little reminders. For this morning though, the following quote pretty much describes how I felt.. so I’ll share it 😉
“Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.”— Swedish Proverb
Q3 Beaches or mountains?
There’s just no question here, and it’s something that never changes 😛
MOUNTAINS for sure 😉
Q4 If you had an extra hour in the day, what will you be doing?
This is such a tough one, because there are just too many things to mention.
So I’ll pick one and go with it 😉
Daydreaming 😉 I mean, who doesn’t need an extra hour for that, right?
Q5 What is your all-time advice to my blog page?
To be honest, I don’t have any. You are you, and your blog is uniquely you. I enjoy reading what you put out there, and wouldn’t change a thing.
Q6 Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
Definitely read a book.
Q7 How do you deal with stress?
I breathe. Yes, it sounds silly. But I actually physically and mentally stop myself, and just keep repeating, ‘breathe. in and out. there you go. just breathe.’ And admittedly sometimes I cry – I find that it is a welcome relief and is beneficial to releasing the negative emotions.
Q8 What appeals to you most, soul or appearance of a person?
Definitely the soul! Admittedly, there needs to be an attraction to the physical appearance in a romantic relationship… but for me the physical attraction is often related to the soul. It’s a little strange, I know. Personally though, I have experienced it a good few times. I’ll see an incredibly good looking man, but discover he’s self absorbed, and superficial – and honestly, he loses his appeal for me. I just don’t ‘see’ his outward good looks anymore. Strange, but true.
Q9 What message would you like to give to your future self?
Just eat the darn cake 😉
Q10 What are you most thankful for in your life?
Life. In it’s entirety. With it’s ups and downs, and all arounds. I am just thankful that I have it, and everything that goes with it. Even the things that hurt and the lessons that suck. I grow. So they have purpose. I have purpose. Life has purpose.
It’s not always easy… but it’s worth it.
And the opportunities are endless.
So I guess the thing I am most thankful for in my life, is that I HAVE life 😉 🙂
I’m also supposed to share 11 facts about me. That’s even more difficult than answering questions 😛 Mostly because as you all know I am quite open here, so there’s not much mystery left to share 😛 I’ll try anyway….
- I think I am addicted to caffeine – I am at a stage where I have to have two cups after waking for my brain to fully functional 😛
- I am a water baby – not a swimmer. I drink copious amounts of water. Too much, actually. Although it doesn’t seem to affect me, other than seemingly having a constantly full bladder, ha ha ha! (I drink about 3.5l a day – and that’s not including the coffee or tea consumed during the day.)
- As much as I love my coffee, there is a time in the day where my body seems to crave my cup of green tea with mint – no milk, no sugar.
- I don’t take sugar in my coffee either.
- I don’t play on my phone if I wake in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning. I may only touch it in order to see the time. I don’t check messages or scroll through social media. Even if I am struggling to go back to sleep. Ha ha ha!
- I don’t eat sushi. And yes, I have tried it. All of it. Even wasabi. But sushi just doesn’t seem to be built into my taste buds.
- As chatty and vivacious as my personality is, I am still able to just ‘be’. There are plenty of times where quiet is actually just quiet. I once had a friend over, and we were both sitting in my lounge with our knitting, and just kind of lapsed into silence. For an hour. But we are women, so we got to talking again 😛
- I still love to dance – even though I am not very good 😛
- Although I don’t seem to give music enough credit, I cannot imagine my life without it.
- I took a kids quiz on a magazine website yesterday, ha ha ha ha! Because who wouldn’t want to know which Beatrix Potter character they were???
I’m Squirrel Nutkin, in case you’re wondering 😛
- I am totally and utterly terrified of a dentist!
I’m not going to nominate anyone as such. Because you’re all awesome. So if you’re reading this, consider yourself nominated 😉
BUT, I’d also like to share links to some pretty great blogs (this is off the top of my head, and please don’t be offended if I don’t mention you by name), and give them the award… but there is NO pressure to do a blog post about it if you don’t want to. 😉
If you DO choose to participate, please answer my ten questions that I was asked, and for your eleventh, I’d like to know : ”What would you say is your strong point?”
Letters to Pogue is an extremely thought provoking blog, with a lot of humour thrown in. You should definitely pay him a visit 🙂 He’s not limited by language or terminology (his words, not mine) and it shows. I love how when I read, I can continue to think ‘outside the box’. I am often encouraged and inspired 🙂
Evan is not only a talented writer, helping us grow our minds – he is also a talented hobby-photographer. The pictures he shares with each blog post are just as good as his writing 😉 You should visit him too 🙂
Holly writes the most beautifully thought out posts that are of such great encouragement to me. Her blog also often contains great tips on ‘whole’ living – natural alternatives and the like. She has a truly beautiful soul and it shows in her writing.
Robin writes some pretty awesome poetry – and he has a great sense of humour. A lot of his stuff is related to mental health, and anxiety – but you definitely won’t be left feeling like you’re struggling with either one. Because even on days when he openly struggles? There’s sunshine in the clouds 😉 I enjoy his Tornado of Chaos 😉
Will’s Wisdom offers inspiration and motivation for life. There’s always a story. And a question. That gives you cause to pause and think. I kind of like that, you know 😉
Vincent is a family man… a WordPress family man. He sees us all as family, and is just great about letting us know that we have value 😉 His posts often bring a smile to my face – he truly is making a positive impact on lives.
So now you all have lots of reading to do. And I have a morning exercise routine (a quick one 😛 10 minute cardio – it’s a start, don’t knock it 😛 ) to get through, because, well, I promised myself I would 😛
Stay safe ❤